I love Evernote, for capturing everything I need to action. Notes, emails, webpage articles and photos, but if you’re not ready to embrace Evernote.
Here are 10 ways you can use phone camera to help you get organized:
- Lending a book to someone? Take a picture of them and the book. You won’t forget who you lent the book to.
- Do you have a habit of losing your car in the car park? Take a picture of the level/color or area so you can remember where you parked.
- Photograph your serial numbers of new appliances for future reference.
- Do you have something that needs to be identified. A plant, an animal some ailment on your pet or plants? Take a picture to share with an expert.
- Do you need to go shopping to match something? An outfit, some furnishings or technical gadgets? Take a photo so that you can seek advice from sales support staff.
- Or maybe you have a DIY project? Take a pic of the problem rather than trying to describe it to the store person.
- Take a photo of a recipe so you know what ingredients to buy at the supermarket. Or, take a photo of your shopping list on the whiteboard.
- Shopping around? Take a picture of the store tag going from one location to another. I have even used this within the supermarket to compare prices of fresh foods to the frozen or tinned version.
- Slides or Signs at meetings and presentations. If it’s useful information you want to remember or share, grab a quick pic!
- Of course, if you don’t have a pen to take notes, take a picture of it.